Alberta Organ and Tissue Donation Registry
Lacombe Registries Ltd. can now register your consent with Alberta Health Services to become an organ and/or tissue donor. This is a free service for our customers.
What you need to know:
- The first priority of health care professionals is to save lives. Your choice to be a donor does not affect the quality of life-saving medical care you receive.
-Everyone has the potential to be an organ and/or tissue donor, though you must be at least 18 to register your intent or consent to donate.
- There will be no cost to your family or estate for the donation of your organs or tissue.
- Organ and tissue recovery will only happen after every effort has been made to save your life.
-Organ and tissue donation should not affect preferred funeral arrangements
- More than 4,400 Canadians, including more than 500 people in Alberta, are on the wait list for an organ transplant.
- It is important to share your organ donation choices with your family and friends.
-Registration to be a donor may be updated or withdrawn through the website. MyHealth.Alberta.ca, or by calling 1-780-422-9657.
Not sure if you want to donate for transplantation purposes? You can opt out of the transplantation donation and register for either Medical Education, Scientific Research, or both.